The Oceanic Viper Open Heel fins blend the best materials technology and excellent hydrodynamics in order to offer ultimate efficiency, performance, and comfort. These vented diving fins are very responsive and fast in the water.
How do they work? For improved efficiency and power, a thrust channel embedded into these fins directs the water from the top of the blade, enhancing the water flow when you move your legs. In fact, the side rails and engineered channels work together.
They do not allow water to spill out from the edges of the fin blades, which results in better efficiency and greater power as well. Aside from that, the oversize design of the blade is responsible for increased propulsion and thrust.
Just to mention that purchasing of these fins has a humanitarian character. For every fin purchased on Amazon website, 5 dollars will be donated to the fight against breast cancer leaded by Dive Pink & Fight Breast Cancer.
Basics about Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins
Price: somewhere between $89.95 and $110 in Amazon shop
Materials: Composite material — A mix of Polypropylene and Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR). Such material construction is used to create flexible semi-rigid panels.
Weight: 5 pounds
Available in the Following Colors: Neon Yellow, Ocean Blue & Black, White & Pink, and White/Sea Blue
Available in the Following Sizes: From X-Small to Xlarge-2XLarge; These are available in seven sizes, ranging from US 3 to 13
Warranty: Come with a 12-month limited warranty
Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins is recommended for
- The Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins are perfect for any snorkeling and diving skill level.
- It is recommended for both novices and experienced divers. They are mostly used by people considering themselves to be a beginner, recreational diver, casual scuba diver, and advanced sea diver, among others.
- These amazing fins are ideal for warm water travel, in particular for coastal tourism that involves sea diving and underwater activities.
- Perfect for those looking for the great efficiency and power while diving. The blade contains a built-in flexible channel that controls the water flow and provides effective capture during a kick cycle.
- The blade construction is geared towards those looking for a great flexibility and thrust. Blades are capable of to form a U-shape.
- Thanks to the adjustable quick-release buckles, they are suitable for divers searching for a stress-free experience. The power vents accelerate water flow and reduce ankle stress.
- They are recommended for those who want to help women suffering from breast cancer, as their purchase includes $5 donation.
- Not recommended for wearing barefoot. They might be a bit sloppy if you wear them without diving boots. The heel foot pockets significantly reduce drag and make these fins suitable for different types of diving boots.
What people says
- Being extremely lightweight, from 1.98 to 3.72 lbs (0.89 to 1.69 kg) depending on the size, they are easy to carry around. They fit well in the large wheeled bags and allow you to cut a few pounds off your dive bag.
- According to customer reviews, these fins are very efficient. There are the special reinforcement bars on both sides that produce greater strength. Besides, they are specially shaped to prevent spilling of the water from the blade edges, which improve the efficiency.
- You can safely use Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins for your travel gear.
- These are commonly used for snorkeling, scuba diving, travel, recreation, and more.
- For those with a shoe size of US 13, these diving fins fit well with 3 or 5mm tropical boots. If you are planning to dive in cold water, you may consider wearing booties at 7mm.
- As their name says, these fins have open heels (actually open heel foot pockets). You can use them for smaller feet by setting up the straps. This construction enables you to use fins with either dry suit or neoprene boots.
- There are no problems, drawbacks, or negative comments by customers.
Where can I buy it?
You can buy the Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins almost in every diving shop. You also can find it in many websites and e-commerce sites. Here we offer a few online options.
These online options are affiliate links. That means we’ll get paid a commission if you decide to buy the reviewed product or any other item on them. This doesn’t affect the final price of the product. You won’t be paying any extra charge. Probably the opposite, you’ll get some extra discount.
When searching to buy online, we must be sure that the product is available in your country. There are some restrictions on international sales and some e-commerce sites only ship the product to specific areas.
Amazon.com: the selling price usually ranges from $89.95 and $110 depending on the selected option, with free shipping. Due to shipping restrictions, it’s possible that you´ll need to make a new search in your country Amazon site.
Amazon UK: from as low as £44.99 and plenty of option to choose.
Amazon Spain: at the moment I’m writing this review the price is quite good, just €51.99, but it’s sold by a third part and the shipping costs are high. However, you can check if this already changed. On the other hand, they will ship the product all around Europe and to some other countries outside it.
Hopefully, this review will help you get familiar with Oceanic Viper Open Heel Fins. They are proved to be responsive and fast, as well as to provide a great propulsion and thrust. Whether you are an experienced diver or beginner, these diving fins are worth considering.
Feel free to leave your comment. Any feedback on this product will be highly appreciated.