The new Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins are just a great improvement on one of the best and most popular fins around the world. Reliable and strong as the old version, the new one is blended with high flex materials that increase the efficiency of this product.
Basics about Mares Avanti Quattro fins
Product name: Mares Avanti Quattro Plus Open Heel Fin
Price: the best price I found is 98.02 USD (85 Euros) at Amazon Spain
Blade Length: 15″ (38 cm)
Blade Type: Non vented
Materials: Composite (Thermoplastic rubber/ Tecralene®)
Open Heel/Full Foot: Open Heel with bungee strap
Weight: 31.75 Oz (900 gr)
Available in the Following Colors: Black, Blue, Flamingo, Lime, White and Yellow
Available in the Following Sizes: Regular, Small and X-Large
Mares Avanti Quattro Plus is recommended for
- If you have problems finding a fin that fits properly and comfortable with your feet and diving boots.
- Quite light fins, so we can recommend it to travelers.
- Thanks to the bungee strap, these fins are great for shore diving.
- Also can be used for other aquatic activities as spearfishing or snorkeling.
- Recommended to dive also with quite strong currents without the need to kick like crazy.
- Perfect for those who like some flexibility on their fins.
- Multiple color options are really convenient if you are planning or use to dive in poor visibility conditions.
- Mares Avanti Quattro Plus is one of the best options for beginners and recreational divers.
What people say
Easy fit thanks to a great and simple strap system.
- Mares Avanti Quattro Plus probably isn’t the best option for those who have frequent leg cramps.
- They allow you to swim without much effort.
- Some reviews don’t recommend these fins to women with small feet.
- You probably will need a few dives to make your ankles accustomed to the new fins.
- Always use boots or scuba sock, not recommended wearing bare feet.
- These fins provide a decent power when frog kicking and they’re also perfect for regular scissor kicks.
- Fins highly responsive when making maneuvers in the water.
- You always will see Quattros in any dive party.
Where can I buy it?
Obviously you can buy the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins in your usual diving shop, but here you can find a few online options.
When searching to buy online, we must be sure that the product is available in our country. There are some restrictions on international sales and some e-commerce sites only ship the product to specific areas.
Amazon.com: the selling price is currently 129.95 USD with free shipping. Due to shipping restrictions it’s possible that you´ll need to make a new search in your country Amazon site.
Amazon Spain: at the moment I’m writing this review this is the best option to purchase the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins online. Priced just at 98.02 USD (85 Euros), that’s a discount of 32% from the normal listed price (144 USD). They will ship the product all around Europe and to some other countries outside it.
Veredict: great product, with amazing reviews and really worth its price.
Danoensit Scuba Diving Fins Powerful Open Heel Long Blade
Hope this review will help you to make a decision in purchase or not these amazing fins. Please, left a comment with your own experience or questions about the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins.
You also can subscribe to our blog, follow us on social media and share this post if you like it.
These seem like great fins. These would be a great idea as a Christmas present for my Dad as he’s from a pacific island and spends hours spear fishing in the lagoon. Due to their light weight he would be able to put them in his suit case as he goes back there quite often.
He’s getting on a bit in age so this brand may help him to expend less energy while he’s out there or even if he got caught against the current.Thanks for making me aware of this product.
Thank you for your comment Chris.
Sure your father will be more than happy with your present.
Thanks for the review! I came looking because I just got back from the Philippines and a guy was wearing these (I think) and he looked pretty damn happy with them. The price might be a little steep for me for now, but your review has given me lots to think on! Thanks again.
Hi Matt. Keep checking the link to Amazon, quite often they have really good discounts.
Nice review! Going to peanut island in Palm Beach soon and I need a pair.
Check the link, in the post. Maybe you’ll find a good discount there.
Awesome review and a great site. I have a peculiar question. I am disabled due to a seriously bust right knee and have limited strength and movement in that joint (50% movement). I am moving to Asia soon and do plan on diving a lot, would you recommend using a larger fin on my right leg to compensate for lack of power/ strength? I generally swim alright but do lack that power factor in one leg.
There are different kind of kicks you can use when diving. Sure one of them will adapt to your physical condition.
Before start diving, I recommend you to contact a certified dive center and get some practice with an instructor. They will help you to find the kicking style that better suites to you and then will be the moment to find the appropiate fins.
I’ve been seriously considering getting back into snorkelling again. I used to do a lot of it, but haven’t done it in years. I need some new gear and getting fins that are just right is important.
I like the Mares brand. I’ve owned a pair before. What type of fins are best for speed? Shorter fins or longer fins?
My fins recommendation based on speed is Scuba Pro Jet Fins. http://amzn.to/2gA6kie
But be aware that your physicall strenght needs to be fine to prevent possible cramp.