If you are in need of a strong, durable, and waterproof buoyancy compensator, then the Cressi Start BCD is right for you.
Being made of an extremely strong material (500 & 1000 denier Cordura) and equipped with an excellent buoyancy system, this BCD jacket fits everyone bill even on smaller sizes. It is designed in such a way to be convenient to dive training and suitable for a demanding use of rental facilities.
Thus, this amazing BCD jacket comes with 3 over-pressure relief valves, of which two are positioned on the right and left shoulders whilst a third one is located in the right rear part of the air cell. You can be dump manually all three valves – two of them can be dumped with the pull cords while the third valve can be unloaded with the inflator power mechanism.
In addition, there are two additional snap hooks as well as two plastic D-rings to attach accessories and/or instruments while diving. And that’s not all! Cressi Start BCD also has two big accessory pockets that come along with the Velcro closures.
Both torso and sternum adjustment straps are equipped with the buckles that allow quick release. The waist strap assembly prevents the squeeze effect when you dive by inflating the air cell. Therefore, the backpack in question is rigid for stability and support of the cylinder, but it is completely padded for comfort.
These are the main parts:
- Two accessory pockets (equipped with the Velcro closures)
- Three relief valves
- Padded, rigid back support panel
- Snap hooks with plastic D-rings
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Separated torso strap
Basics about Cressi Start BCD
Price: It really changes quite often due to special offers and promotions. You can get a reference price on Amazon
Item Type: Buoyancy Compensator (BCD)
Sports Type: Diving
Materials: 500 and 1000 denier Cordura
Weight: Item Display Weight – 8 pounds; Item Weight – 5 pounds; Shipping Weight – 5.35 pounds
Available in the Following Colors: Black, Black with red accent
Available in the Following Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
Buoyancy in (lbs/kg/size): 29.2 lbs/13.3 kg/X-Small; 31.5 lbs/14.3 kg/Small; 33.7 lbs/15.3 kg/Medium; 38.1 lbs/17.3 kg/Large; 44.9 lbs/20.4 kg/X-Large
Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 19.8 x 26.1 inches
Additional info: Gift-wrap available; Free Shipping available with Amazon Prime
Cressi Start BCD is recommended for
- A perfect dive gear for all divers. It gives years of reliable use to sports divers.
- Besides the sports divers, this product is also suitable for all diving enthusiasts who love snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Suitable for Dive Facilities. Thanks to the highly-visible size indicator (placed on the right shoulder), you can safely use this item at dive facilities.
- This is a great BCD Buoyancy Compensator for a dive training to improve your diving skills.
- Since this BCD is available in several sizes, it is suitable for both adults and kids.
- Recommended for travelers who want to experience underwater ocean world during their trip.
- It is very strong and durable, perfect for more demanding divers.
What people say
- It is practical and easy to use, especially under water.
- The waist and shoulder strips are suitable for fitting additional gadgets, such as camera, gauges and etc. They are also durable and can withstand rough usage.
- The customers particularly like the side pockets. Two side pockets are in a perfect position and they offer more than just enough space. They feature Velcro, a system that replaces the conventional zipper.
- It is almost $200 cheaper than similar models, but still offers the same level of practicality and functionality. Almost all owners claim it is great value for money.
- Available in several, different size, so it suits for all divers and all applications.
- The main cons of this BCD are not having an integrated weight system and it’s maybe a little too basic for intermediate divers.
The Cressi Start BCD is more than an ordinary backpack for divers meaning that it has a lot to offer and it can meet your expectations, no matter how high they are. The quality is even better than some, more expensive models have, so it is definitely more than just a great choice if you look for perfection. Practicality is the next best thing, allowing you to use this model anywhere and at any time, without an issue. The bottom line is that this is definitely a diver’s choice.
Where can I buy it?
You probably can buy the Cressi Start BCD in any of your preferred diving shops, but here you can find a few online options.
These online options are affiliate links. That means we’ll get paid a commission if you decide to buy the reviewed product or any other item on them. This doesn’t affect the final price of the product. You won’t be paying any extra charge. Probably the opposite, you’ll get some extra discount.
When searching to buy online, we must be sure that the product is available in our country. There are some restrictions on international sales and some e-commerce sites only ship the product to specific areas.
Amazon.com: the selling price changes quite often due to special offers and promotions.We found variations from $197.95 to $224.95 with just a few days interval. Usually with free shipping. Due to shipping restrictions, it’s possible that you´ll need to make a new search in your country Amazon site.
Amazon Spain (Europe): at the moment I’m writing this review there is a cheap starting price of just €190.91. It depends on the size you need and the vendor.
Scubapro Litehawk BC with Air 2 Alternate Air Aource Inflator 5th Gen
Hope this review will help you to make a decision in a purchase or not this Buoyancy Compensator. Please, leave a comment with your own experience or questions about the Cressi Start BCD.
You also can subscribe to our blog, follow us on social media and share this post if you like it.